How to do DNS Setup On your Machine
Most of us know, without DNS Setup on your machine or PC, you can’t browse on the website at all, DNS setup is a must, cause what DNS does is translate the Domain Name to IP Address in order to reach the server.
What DNS Server to use? We will use OpenDNS server for DNS Setup.
DNS Setup on Windows Vista
On your Windows Vista, follow the step below;
- Click on “Windows Start Button”, then select “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Network and Internet”
- Click on “Network Center”
- Click on “Personalize”, next to your network
- Click on “Properties” button.
- Another window will pop up – click on “Properties” button, again
- Vista will ask for your permission to make changes. Click “Continue” button.
Make sure you have administrative rights on your system before making changes.
- Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”, then click on “Properties” button.
- Click the radio button “Use the following DNS server addresses” and type in OpenDNS addresses in the “Preferred DNS server” and “Alternate DNS server” fields.
- Click on “OK” button.
- Restart your computer.
- Click on the Apple icon on top left menu
- Select System Preferences
- Click on Network
- On DNS Server, type: 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- Click on Apply. That’s all
Preferred DNS server address for Open DNS is: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server address for Open DNS is: 188.8.131.52
DNS Setup on Apple Mac OS X
On Apple Mac, follow the steps below for DNS Setup;
DNS Setup is pretty easy, happy browsing!